Vijayapura, officially known as Bijapur, is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the district headquarters of Bijapur district. The city is located on the banks of the Krishna River, about 460 kilometers (286 miles) north of Bengaluru. Bijapur is a major tourist destination, known for its historical monuments, including the Gol Gumbaz, the Ibrahim Rauza, and the Jamia Masjid.
The three districts that are located near Vijayapura are:
The weather in Vijayapura is generally hot and dry. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 40 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit is during the winter months, from November to February.
The pin code of Vijayapura is 590001.
The vehicle registration number for Vijayapura is KA-56.
The telephone code for Vijayapura is 0831.
The taluks in the Vijayapura district are:
Some of the popular foods in Vijayapura include:
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
Some of the popular tourist places in Vijayapura district include:
- Lakshmi Devi Temple
- Amruteshwara Temple
- Vijayapura Fort
- Gol Gumbaz
- Kamateshwara Temple
- Pandit Nehru Memorial Hall
- Shaniwar Wada
- Shri Krishna Temple
- Utsav Park
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Vijayapura is during the winter months, from November to February. However, the weather is pleasant throughout the year.
Things to Do
Some of the things you can do in Vijayapura include:
- Visit the Lakshmi Devi Temple and learn about the history of the Vijayanagara Empire.
- Visit the Amruteshwara Temple and see the beautiful architecture.
- Visit the Vijayapura Fort and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Gol Gumbaz and see the world’s largest dome.
- Visit the Kamateshwara Temple and see the ancient Hindu temple.
- Visit the Pandit Nehru Memorial Hall and learn about the history of India.
- Visit the Shaniwar Wada and see the old palace of the Maratha Empire.
- Visit the Shri Krishna Temple and offer prayers.
- Visit the Utsav Park and enjoy the gardens and fountains.