Bagalkot is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of the Bagalkot district. The city is located in northern Karnataka and borders Belgaum, Gadag, Koppal, Raichur and Bijapur.
The three districts that are located near Bagalkot are:
Bagalkot is located in the state of Karnataka. Karnataka is a state in the south-western part of India. It is bordered by the states of Goa, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala.
The weather in Bagalkot is generally hot and dry. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 40 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit Bagalkot is during the winter months, from November to February.
The pin code of Bagalkot is 585101.
The vehicle registration number for Bagalkot is KA-58.
The telephone code for Bagalkot is 08352.
The taluks in the Bagalkot district are:
- Rabkavi Banhatti
Some of the popular foods in Bagalkot include:
- Jolada rotti
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
Some of the popular tourist places in the Bagalkot district include:
- Badami Fort
- Huvina Hadagalli
- Gokak Falls
- Siddheshwara Temple
- Mudhol Fort
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Bagalkot district is during the winter months, from November to February. The weather is pleasant during this time, and there are fewer crowds.
Things to Do
Some of the things to do in the Bagalkot district include:
- Visit the Badami Fort and explore its ruins.
- Visit the Pattadakal and see its UNESCO World Heritage Site temples.
- Go trekking in the Huvina Hadagalli hills.
- Visit the Aihole and see its ancient temples.
- Go swimming in the Gokak Falls.
- Visit the Ramtirth and take a dip in its holy waters.
- Visit the Siddheshwara Temple and see its beautiful architecture.
- Explore the Mudhol Fort and learn about its history.