Krishnarajapura is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of the Krishnarajapura taluk in the Mandya district. The city is located on the banks of the Kaveri River, and is surrounded by hills. Krishnarajapura is a major commercial center, and is known for its silk industry.
The districts that are located near Krishnarajapura are:
The weather in Krishnarajapura is generally hot and dry. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 40 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit is during the winter months, from November to February.
The pin code of Krishnarajapura is 571301.
The vehicle registration number for Krishnarajapura is KA-57.
The telephone code for Krishnarajapura is 08232.
The taluks in the Krishnarajapura district are:
Some of the popular foods in Krishnarajapura include:
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
Some of the popular tourist places in Krishnarajapura include:
- Krishnaraja Sagar Dam
- Chamundi Hill
- Srirangapatna Fort
- Krishnarajapura Palace
- Krishnarajapura Lake
- Krishnarajapura Temple
- Krishnarajapura Museum
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Krishnarajapura is during the winter months, from November to February. However, the weather is pleasant throughout the year.
Things to Do
Some of the things you can do in Krishnarajapura include:
- Visit the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam and learn about its history.
- Take a boat ride on the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam.
- Hike to the top of Chamundi Hill and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Srirangapatna Fort and learn about its history.
- Visit the Krishnarajapura Palace and see the many temples and other historical buildings.
- Visit the Krishnarajapura Lake and go for a walk or swim.
- Visit the Krishnarajapura Temple and offer prayers.
- Visit the Krishnarajapura Museum and learn about the history and culture of the region.