Bidar is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of the Bidar district. The city is located on the banks of the Bhima River, and is surrounded by hills. Bidar is a historical city, and was once the capital of the Bahmani Sultanate.
The districts that are located near Bidar are:
The weather in Bidar is generally hot and dry. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 40 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit is during the winter months, from November to February.
The pin code of Bidar is 584101.
The vehicle registration number for Bidar is KA-59.
The telephone code for Bidar is 08482.
The taluks in the Bidar district are:
Some of the popular foods in Bidar include:
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
Some of the popular tourist places in Bidar include:
- Bidar Fort
- Jamia Masjid
- Hazara Rama Temple
- Gol Gumbaz
- Asar Mahal
- Kali Masjid
- Gagan Mahal
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Bidar is during the winter months, from November to February. However, the weather is pleasant throughout the year.
Things to Do
Some of the things you can do in Bidar include:
- Visit the Bidar Fort and learn about the history of the city.
- Visit the Jamia Masjid and see the beautiful architecture.
- Visit the Hazara Rama Temple and see the ancient Hindu temple.
- Visit the Gol Gumbaz and see the world’s largest dome.
- Visit the Asar Mahal and see the palace of the Bahmani Sultans.
- Visit the Kali Masjid and see the black colored mosque.
- Visit the Gagan Mahal and see the palace of the Adil Shahi Sultans.