Chikkaballapur is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of the Chikkaballapur district. The city is located about 50 kilometers from Bangalore. Chikkaballapur is a popular tourist destination, known for its temples, historical sites, and natural beauty.
The three districts that are located near Chikkaballapur are:
- Bangalore Rural
The weather in Chikkaballapur is generally hot and dry. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 35 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit Chikkaballapur is during the winter months, from November to February.
The pin code of Chikkaballapur is 562101.
The vehicle registration number for Chikkaballapur is KA-56.
The telephone code for Chikkaballapur is 080.
The taluks in the Chikkaballapur district are:
Some of the popular foods in Chikkaballapur include:
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
- Ragi toffee
Some of the popular tourist places in the Chikkaballapur district include:
- Bheemeshwara Temple
- Gopinathaswamy Temple
- Gudibande Fort
- Hosadurga Fort
- Koratagere Fort
- Malur Fort
- Sidlaghatta Fort
- Tippu Sultan’s Summer Palace
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Chikkaballapur district is during the winter months, from November to February. The weather is pleasant during this time, and there are fewer crowds.
Things to Do
Some of the things to do in the Chikkaballapur district include:
- Visit the Bheemeshwara Temple and admire its architecture.
- Explore the Gopinathaswamy Temple and learn about its history.
- Hike to the Gudibande Fort and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Hosadurga Fort and learn about its history.
- Explore the Koratagere Fort and admire its architecture.
- Visit the Malur Fort and learn about its history.
- Visit the Sidlaghatta Fort and enjoy the cool breeze.
- Visit the Tippu Sultan’s Summer Palace and learn about his life.