Kodagu (Coorg), also known as the “Scotland of India”, is a beautiful hill district in the state of Karnataka. It is known for its lush green hills, coffee plantations, and waterfalls.
The three districts that are located near Kodagu are:
The weather in Kodagu is generally pleasant throughout the year. The best time to visit is during the monsoon months (June to September), when the hills are lush and green.
The pin code of Kodagu is 571201.
The vehicle registration number for Kodagu is KA-57.
The telephone code for Kodagu is 0822.
The taluks in the Kodagu district are:
Some of the popular foods in Kodagu include:
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
Some of the popular tourist places in Kodagu include:
- Abbey Falls
- Brahmagiri Peak
- Dubare Elephant Camp
- Iruppu Falls
- Madikeri Fort
- Raja’s Seat
- Talakaveri Temple
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Kodagu district is during the monsoon months (June to September), when the hills are lush and green. However, the weather is pleasant throughout the year.
Things to Do
Some of the things to do in Kodagu include:
- Visit the Abbey Falls and go for a swim in the cool waters.
- Hike to the Brahmagiri Peak and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Dubare Elephant Camp and learn about elephants.
- Go white-water rafting on the Cauvery River.
- Visit the Iruppu Falls and go for a rappelling adventure.
- Explore the Madikeri Fort and learn about its history.
- Visit the Raja’s Seat and enjoy the sunset views.
- Visit the Talacauvery and offer prayers at the holy shrine.
- Go trekking in the hills of Kodagu.