Ramanagara is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of the Ramanagara district. The city is located about 50 kilometers from Bangalore. Ramanagara is a popular tourist destination, known for its historical sites, natural beauty, and proximity to Bangalore.
The three districts that are located near Ramanagara are:
- Bangalore Rural
The weather in Ramanagara is generally hot and humid. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 35 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit Ramanagara is during the winter months, from November to February.
The pin code of Ramanagara is 562101.
The vehicle registration number for Ramanagara is KA-56.
The telephone code for Ramanagara is 08152.
The taluks in the Ramanagara district are:
Some of the popular foods in Ramanagara include:
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
- Ragi toffee
Some of the popular tourist places in the Ramanagara district include:
- Vidhana Soudha
- Tipu Sultan’s Fort
- Channapatna Dolls’ Museum
- Ramanagara Fort
- Magadi Fort
- Kanakapura Falls
- Honey Falls
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Ramanagara district is during the winter months, from November to February. The weather is pleasant during this time, and there are fewer crowds.
Things to Do
Some of the things to do in the Ramanagara district include:
- Visit the Vidhana Soudha and learn about the history of the Indian Parliament.
- Explore Tipu Sultan’s Fort and learn about the history of the Mysore Sultanate.
- Visit the Channapatna Dolls’ Museum and see the beautiful collection of dolls.
- Visit the Ramanagara Fort and learn about the history of the city.
- Take a walk through the Magadi Fort and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Kanakapura Falls and go for a swim in the cool waters.
- Hike to the Savandurga and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding hills.
- Visit the Honey Falls and see the beautiful waterfalls.