Yadagiri is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of the Yadgir district. The city is located on the banks of the Krishna River, about 400 kilometers from Bangalore. Yadgir is a popular tourist destination, known for its temples, historical sites, and natural beauty.
The three districts that are located near Yadgir are:
Yadagiri is located in the state of Karnataka. Karnataka is a state in the south-western part of India. It is bordered by the states of Goa, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala.
The weather in Yadgir is generally hot and dry. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 40 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit Yadgir is during the winter months, from November to February.
The pin code of Yadgir is 585331.
The vehicle registration number for Yadgir is KA-58.
The telephone code for Yadgir is 08375.
The taluks in the Yadgir district are:
Some of the popular foods in Yadgir include:
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
- Ragi toffee
Some of the popular tourist places in the Yadgir district include:
- Yadgir Fort
- Mahadeva Temple
- Betagi Fort
- Shorapur Fort
- Manvi Fort
- Budgi Fort
- Krishna River
- Tippagondanahalli Fort
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Yadgir district is during the winter months, from November to February. The weather is pleasant during this time, and there are fewer crowds.
Things to Do
Some of the things to do in the Yadgir district include:
- Visit the Yadgir Fort and learn about its history.
- Explore Lakkundi and see the ancient temples.
- Visit the Mahadeva Temple and offer prayers at the holy shrine.
- Hike to the Betagi Fort and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Take a tour of the Shorapur Fort and learn about its history.
- Visit the Manvi Fort and see the ancient ruins.
- Visit the Budgi Fort and learn about its history.
- Go for a swim in the Krishna River.
- Visit the Tippagondanahalli Fort and see the ancient ruins.