Tiruporur is a town in the Chengalpattu district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located at 12.88°N 79.92°E, about 35 kilometers (22 miles) south of the state capital, Chennai. Tiruporur is situated on the banks of the Palar River, a tributary of the Bay of Bengal.
The town is famous for its Pallava era temples and the scenic beauty of the surrounding hills.
- The Kandaswamy Temple, also known as the Subramanya Swamy Temple, is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Hindu god Murugan, the younger son of the god Shiva. The temple is a Pallava era temple and is one of the six Padai Veedus, or holy abodes, of Murugan.
- The Thiruvidaikarai Temple, also known as the Brahmadeeswarar Temple, is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva. The temple is a Pallava era temple and is one of the 275 Shiva temples in the Tondai Nadu region.
- The Nitya Kalyana Perumal Temple, also known as the Sri Krishna Temple, is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Hindu god Krishna. The temple is a Chola era temple and is one of the 108 Divya Desams, or holy abodes, of Vishnu.
Other Tourist Attractions
- The Palar River: The Palar River is a popular spot for boating and fishing.
- The Tirumala Hills: The Tirumala Hills are a range of hills that surround Tiruporur. The hills are a popular spot for hiking and trekking.
- The Tiruporur Crocodile Bank: The Tiruporur Crocodile Bank is a crocodile sanctuary that is home to over 4,000 crocodiles. The sanctuary is a popular spot for tourists to learn about crocodiles and their conservation.
Tiruporur is well-connected by road and rail. The town is situated on the National Highway NH45, which connects Chennai to Kanyakumari. Tiruporur also has a railway station on the Chennai-Tuticorin line.
Tiruporur has a number of hotels and lodges to accommodate visitors.
Tiruporur is a major center for agriculture, textiles, and manufacturing. The town is known for its rice, sugarcane, and banana crops. Tiruporur is also a major hub for the production of textiles, garments, and engineering goods.
Tiruporur has a rich culture and heritage. The town is home to a number of temples, festivals, and traditions. The town is also known for its handicrafts, which include pottery, weaving, and wood carving.
Here are some specific answers to your questions about Tiruporur:
- Pin code: The pin code for Tiruporur is 603110.
- Weather: Tiruporur has a tropical savanna climate, with hot and humid summers and warm, dry winters. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 35 degrees Celsius (77 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Tiruporur is from October to March.
- Nearest airport: The nearest airport is the Chennai International Airport, which is about 45 kilometers (28 miles) away