Raichur is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of the Raichur district. The city is located on the banks of the Krishna River, about 421 kilometers from Bangalore. Raichur is a popular tourist destination, known for its historical sites, temples, and natural beauty.
The three districts that are located near Raichur are:
The weather in Raichur is generally hot and dry. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 40 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit Raichur is during the winter months, from November to February.
The pin code of Raichur is 584101.
The vehicle registration number for Raichur is KA-36.
The telephone code for Raichur is 08352.
The taluks in the Raichur district are:
Some of the popular foods in Raichur include:
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
- Ragi toffee
Some of the popular tourist places in the Raichur district include:
- Raichur Fort
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Raichur district is during the winter months, from November to February. The weather is pleasant during this time, and there are fewer crowds.
Things to Do
Some of the things to do in the Raichur district include:
- Visit the Raichur Fort and learn about its history.
- Explore Lakkundi and admire the ancient temples.
- Visit Hampi and marvel at the ruins of the Vijayanagara Empire.
- Go on a pilgrimage to Mantralayam and offer prayers at the holy shrine.
- Visit Hospet and see the ruins of the Gol Gumbaz.
- Visit Aihole and see the rock-cut temples.