Mandya is a district in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is located in the central part of the state, and is bounded by the Chamarajanagar district to the north, Hassan district to the east, Mysore district to the south, and Tumkur district to the west. The district headquarters is Mandya.
Mandya is a popular tourist destination, known for its beautiful temples, lakes, and forests. Some of the popular tourist destinations in Mandya include:
- Srirangapatna Fort
- Krishnaraja Sagar Dam
- Chamundi Hill
- Srirangapatna Palace
- Srirangapatna Museum
- Mandya Palace
- Mandya Fort
- Mandya Lake
- Mandya Forest
The best time to visit Mandya is during the winter months, from November to February. However, the weather is pleasant throughout the year.
Here are some of the things you can do in Mandya:
- Visit the Srirangapatna Fort and learn about its history.
- Take a boat ride on the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam.
- Hike to the top of Chamundi Hill and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Srirangapatna Palace and see the many temples and other historical buildings.
- Visit the Srirangapatna Museum and learn about the history and culture of Mandya.
- Visit the Mandya Palace and see the many temples and other historical buildings.
- Visit the Mandya Fort and see the many temples and other historical buildings.
- Go for a walk or swim in Mandya Lake.
- Go for a hike in Mandya Forest.