Haveri is a district in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is located in the northern part of the state, and is bordered by the districts of Dharwad, Belagavi, Davangere, Chitradurga, and Shimoga. The district headquarters is the city of Haveri.
The three districts that are located near Haveri are:
The weather in Haveri is generally hot and dry. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 35 degrees Celsius. The best time to visit Haveri is during the winter months, from November to February.
The pin code of Haveri is 581101.
The vehicle registration number for Haveri is KA-58.
The telephone code for Haveri is 08373.
The taluks in the Haveri district are:
Some of the popular foods in Haveri include:
- Bisi bele bath
- Ragi mudde
- Neer dosa
- Ragi toffee
Some of the popular tourist places in the Haveri district include:
- Bhavi Narasimha Temple
- Hirekerur Fort
- Haveri Fort
- Savanur Fort
- Shirahatti Fort
- Arabhavi Lake
- Saundatti Caves
- Hirehalli Dam
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Haveri district is during the winter months, from November to February. The weather is pleasant during this time, and there are fewer crowds.
Things to Do
Some of the things to do in the Haveri district include:
- Visit the Bhavi Narasimha Temple and offer prayers to the deity.
- Explore the Hirekerur Fort and learn about its history.
- Take a tour of the Haveri Fort and learn about its history.
- Visit the Savanur Fort and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Hike to the Shirahatti Fort and enjoy the scenic views.
- Go boating on the Arabhavi Lake and enjoy the cool waters.
- Visit the Saundatti Caves and explore the ancient rock formations.
- Go for a swim in the Hirehalli Dam and enjoy the refreshing waters.