Madathukkulam is a town in the Tiruppur district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located on the banks of the Kaveri River, about 20 kilometers (12 miles) from the district headquarters, Tiruppur.
Madathukkulam has a long history dating back to the Sangam era. The town is mentioned in several ancient Tamil texts, including the Sangam literature.
In the 10th century CE, the Chola king, Rajaraja I, built the Madathukkulam Perumal Temple, a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is one of the most important temples in the town.
Madathukkulam is home to several attractions, including:
- Madathukkulam Perumal Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is one of the most important temples in the town.
- Madathukkulam Amman Temple: This temple is dedicated to Goddess Amman. The temple is one of the most popular temples in Madathukkulam.
- Madathukkulam Lake: This lake is a popular spot for boating and picnicking.
- Madathukkulam Market: This market is a popular spot for shopping for a variety of goods, including food, clothing, and household items.
- Madathukkulam Bus Stand: This bus stand is a major hub for transportation in the town and surrounding area.
As of 2011, the population of Madathukkulam was 18,126. The majority of the population is Hindu, with a small minority of Muslims and Christians. The town is multilingual, with Tamil being the official language and the most widely spoken language. Telugu, Kannada, and Urdu are also spoken by significant minorities.
Madathukkulam is well-connected by road and rail. The nearest airport is the Coimbatore International Airport, which is about 40 kilometers (25 miles) away.
Madathukkulam is a major center for agriculture. The town is known for its rice, sugarcane, and banana crops. Madathukkulam is also a major hub for the production of textiles, garments, and engineering goods.
Madathukkulam has a number of schools and colleges. The town is home to the Government Arts College Madathukkulam, which is affiliated with the University of Madras.
Madathukkulam has a rich culture and heritage. The town is home to a number of temples, festivals, and traditions. The town is also known for its handicrafts, which include pottery, weaving, and wood carving.
Madathukkulam is a popular destination for domestic tourism. The town is home to a number of historical and religious sites, as well as a number of natural attractions.
Overall, Madathukkulam is a fascinating town with a rich history and culture. The temples, lake, market, bus stand, commercial activity, education, and transport make it a popular destination for locals and tourists alike.
Here are some specific answers to your questions about Madathukkulam:
- Location: Madathukkulam is located in the Tiruppur district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is situated on the banks of the Kaveri River, about 20 kilometers (12 miles) from the district headquarters, Tiruppur.
- Pin code: The pin code for Madathukkulam is 641655.
- Weather: Madathukkulam has a tropical savanna climate, with hot and humid summers and warm, dry winters. The average temperature ranges from 25 to 35 degrees Celsius (77 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Madathukkulam is from October to March.
- Nearest airport: The nearest airport is the Coimbatore International Airport, which is about 40 kilometers (25 miles) away.